It's such a learning process.
The further along I am in the gardening project, I find myself saying,
"Next year, I'm gonna.....
- Plant more Snap Peas. They are SO delicious but we really only harvested enough for a few dinners. The rest we ate while playing out in the yard.
- Use Several layers of newspaper before laying out straw. The tiny area where I did it the right way looks so much better than everywhere else.
- Plant MORE broccoli and build a chicken wire fence around it to keep the squirrels out.
- Plant more Strawberries.
- Not start Carrots inside. And devote a whole garden patch just to Carrots. They are seriously SO good.
- Not plant fancy Lettuce that we won't really eat.
- Start Peppers inside much earlier and invest in a grow light to give them a head start.
I'm sure this list will continue to grow.
This year was my first Ever Garden and I'm already talking about next year's garden must mean that my little project is already a success.